Ok… I’ll admit it. I’ve been a little tetchy the past… what is it now? 10 days? It all started with a 11 hour glaze firing dragging on to 17 hours without bending cone 5 before I had to shut down the kiln. Yeah… you guessed it…It was a blown kiln element.
I really hate shifting gears like this, I’m still a novice at managing this multi-media juggling act and it takes me a day or 2 longer than it should to commit to creating something else that isn’t scheduled and prepped for.
This was the 3rd element to blow this year. I love this old kiln. It’s an old Duncan DK1029-2, a hand-me-down from an old friend who thought I could make good use of it. I have to bow down to her wisdom… she was right, I’ve grown a lot with it. I’ve learned a lot about installing and fixing electric kilns over the past 2 years for starters. I’m really happy to say don’t have any problem with a tare down any more.Hell, if it wasn’t for all the waiting for parts to arrive and watching the soft brick quickly disintegrate as I change elements, I’d actually say I enjoy fix’n this old beast.
I’ll be happy tomorrow to do my test burn.