I found a even dozen cups hidden in the bottom layer of a forgotten box. There’s a bit of a mess surrounding the photo booth in the basement.
Out-of-site, out-of-mind and all…
I made this round as part of a batch that was intended for the 2015 Akar Yumoni Invitational and it got boxed away as soon as it came out of the kiln.
I wanted muted surfaces and I really liked what came out, but… (It’s always the buts that get me though ) I didn’t think they would play well with all the other work that would be posted around it in the show. I was guessing that it was going to be a strong show and I can’t say that I wasn’t wrong.
But I do really like these.
They came out pretty much how I was originally hoping. It was just what I had in mind didn’t fit the need at the time. Admittedly, they seem even better now that there’s distance from the original expectation.
Distance always makes the heart grow fonder, (at least it’s acceptance is easier).